These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?



Gila (Payson)






Yavapai (Prescott)

Yavapai (Verde Valley)



How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Cochise County?

Cochise County CASA Council
PO Box 4013
Sierra Vista, AZ 85636
Telephone: 520-266-0023
Contact: Debby DeRosa,

Abby Dodge (520-432-7521 work; 520-432-7247 fax; is the court's CASA coordinator; she brings requests to the CASA support council. The CASA support council does tutoring, beds, clothing, apartment set-ups, outings and gas for CASAs. They meet at 7 am the third Wednesday of each month.

Does Cochise County have support for Kinship families?

Arizona Kinship Support Services/KARE
400 W. Fry Blvd., Ste. 11
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
520-458-2131 x1821

Is there a comprehensive list of resources for Cochise County?

Yes, click here to view it.


How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Coconino County?

Coconino CASA for Kids, Inc.
Contact: Becky Lewis, (928) 566-9353 (H); (928) 699-7316 (C)/

Individual awards for children in foster care through online application process.

Where can I get emergency supplies in Coconino County?

C.U.D.D.L.E. Outreach
P.O. Box 3022
842-A Vista Ave.
Page, Arizona 86040
Phone: 928-645-2944
Fax: 928-645-2293

C.U.D.D.L.E. has a program that is limited to the Page area and that is open to all children 13-17 interested in working in the medical profession called “Scrub'bees”; this program familiarizes kids with the various aspects of working in the medical profession.

Is there a comprehensive list of resources for Coconino County?

Yes, click here to view it.

Gila (Payson)

Where can I get supplies for the child in my care in Payson?

Rim Country Arizonans for Children
1105 N Easy St., Payson, AZ 85541-3814
Contact: Ms. Pat Johnson
Cell: 928-978-5610
RCAC also can be reached at P.O. Box 2711, Payson 85547

RCAC helps any children in foster care in northern Gila County (i.e., in the Payson area, but not in the Globe area). They do winter coats, tutoring, bikes, etc. and they seldom turn a request down.


Where can I get supplies for the child in my care in Maricopa County?

Arizonans for Children, Inc.

AFC works primarily in Maricopa County, but will help children from other counties from time to time. Services include: Birthday and Holiday gifts, Admission tickets to local events, Annual Train Park Picnic, Tutor/mentor program, LifeBooks

Arizona Helping Hands — Provides both Licensed and Kinship Foster Families throughout Arizona with twin beds, cribs, clothing, diapers, holiday and birthday packages, school supplies and backpacks. Children must have a Notice to Provider from DCS. Service is by appointment only. Contact or call 480-889-0604 for an appointment or for more information. Residents of other counties willing to travel to Maricopa County may also receive services. — Website

Where can I get clothes for the child in my care in Maricopa County?

The Cinderella Affair
East Valley Women's League
Traci Estenson

The Cinderella Affair is an all-volunteer project supported by East Valley Women's League; it provides high school junior and seniors new and gently-used formal wear absolutely free. They deal mostly with girls' clothing, shoes and jewelry but will help with some items for boys.

Helen's Hope Chest
126 East University Dr.
Mesa, 85201

Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm, closed on Friday and Sunday. Helen's Hope Chest provides goods to/for children in foster care or in kinship care (and to biological children of the same families) including: clothing; children's books; diapers; toys and games (including batteries and gift certificates for teens); sports equipment; hygiene products; blankets (but not mattresses or beds); and school supplies. Recipients will be expected to provide either a Notice to provider (for children in foster care) or a kinship number for children in kinship care (available by calling 480-834-9424 x4590).

Jose's Closet

Jose's Closet offers a place where foster, adoptive and kinship parents can exchange clothes, cribs, strollers, toys or other equipment. Jose's Closet recently moved to Thunder Mountain Middle School, Center Stage Christian Church at 3700 E. 16th Ave. in Apache Junction. There is a small membership fee for Jose's Closet.

Does Maricopa County have support for kinship & foster families?

Arizona Kinship Support Services/KARE
7910 W. Thomas Rd., Suite 103
Phoenix, AZ 85033
Statewide Caregiver Resource Line: 1-888-737-7494

Provides contact information for resources for education, employment, housing, respite, respite vouchers, financial and legal services, and other benefits.

Family Involvement Center

Family Involvement Center provides a variety of classes and support groups for parents/caregivers, and youth in Phoenix and Northern Arizona. Most services offered in both English and Spanish.

Family Resource Center
Telephone: 480-834-9424
Arizona Adoption & Foster Care E-mail:
Foster Care Family Resource Center E-mail:

Family Resource Center provides services for children in foster care/foster families and kinship families including: Children's self-development - Play groups, character building classes, classes for children 8-11 dealing with family changes, and other children's classes. Anger management for the family - temper/anger management classes for children and anger management classes related to parenting. Parenting skills classes. Special topic classes and workshops. Some classes and workshops offered in Spanish. There are no fees, but some classes require the purchase of a workbook. Registration is required.

Steele Foundation Connections Center
170 W. University Drive
Mesa, AZ 85211
Telephone: 480-834-9424
Fax: 480-889-0139

Relatives As Parents (RAP) program: kinship/relatives-as-placements families, services offered include 1st Tuesday and 3rd Thursday drop-in RAP support group meetings, 4-week parenting class for kinship/relatives-as-placement caregivers and a 4-week class for children ages 8-12 in kinship care. Call for information and location.

Are there activities for the child in my care in Maricopa County?

Hope and a Future, Inc.

Royal Family Kids Camp – A one-week summer camp experience for children ages 7-11.

Teen Reach Adventure Camp – A summer camp for foster children from 12 to 15 years old, offering fun, character-building activities, and outdoor recreation from horseback riding to low-level challenge courses.

Life 360 – A life-skills mentoring program for youth in foster care ages 15 and older. The program focuses on basic skills like money management, household management, planning for college, budgeting, interviewing for jobs, job skills, nutrition and meal planning. This program is for Maricopa County primarily.

John S. Brewer Memorial Scholarship Fund – Created to help any foster child through ongoing educational assistance, career training and college scholarships. The John S. Brewer Memorial Scholarship Fund provides assistance for high school tutoring, vocational training, college tuition and housing assistance while in college. The application for is available on the Hope & A Future website.

Are there infant swimming lessons in Maricopa County?

Yes, SWIM Kids AZ teaches infants from 2 to 7 months old how to swim.


How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Mohave County?

CASA Council Helping Children of Mohave County
PO Box 6605
Kingman, AZ 86402-6605
Phone: 928-279-9314 (c)
Fax: 928-692-9677
Contact: Ron Stephan,

Provides electronics, clothing and furniture and regular use clothing. The website includes an application form.


How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Navajo County?

Navajo County Friends of CASA
PO Box 1774
Show Low, AZ 85902-1774
Contact: George Turner -
Phone: 928-242-3139
Karen Harris -

Navajo County Friends of CASA activities include: a back-to-school event in August, new coat hat and glove event in October; holiday event including turkeys for families and angel tree gifts for each child in care; family picnic in June and kits for youth aging out of foster care. In addition, the Navajo County Friends of CASA provide individual grant requests for furniture, glasses/contacts, bikes, etc.


How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Pima County?

CASA Support Council for Pima County, Inc.
Contact: Linda Koral, President

This CASA council provides goods and services only for children in Pima County who have CASAs.

Does Pima County have support for kinship & foster families?

Arizona Kinship Support Services/KARE
220 E. Speedway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85705

Where can I get supplies for the child in my care in Pima County?

Aviva Children's Services
153 S Plumer Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
Telephone: 520-327-6779
Fax: 520-327-6052

ACS provides the following for children in foster care:

1. Funding for after school programs but also for, e.g., basketball shoes, YMCA registration, the cost of obtaining birth certificates, prom dress and shoes, baseball, football, or basketball camp, birthday gifts, and also necessities like food, formula, diapers, shoes, cribs or beds, school supplies, and new underwear and socks (requests to utilize the Abused Children's Fund should be made through the child's DCS case worker).

2. The Life Book project creates an age-appropriate written story of a foster or soon-to-be adopted child's life, written for the child by Life Book volunteers with the hope that it will help the child make sense of confusing and often upsetting events that led to an out-of-home placement.

3. Holiday toy drive

More Than a Bed

More Than a Bed is a nonprofit organization that hosts monthly 'Give Without Measure Events' at different churches in Tucson. Foster or adoptive families can pick up gently used or new beds, cribs, walkers, car seats, strollers, walkers, toys, furniture, and clothing at no cost.  You will need to bring your Notice to Provider. Visit their website or facebook page for more info on the upcoming events.

Where can I get clothes for the child in my care in Pima County?

On the second Saturday of every month, GoodTHREADS Clothing Exchange provides clothing at no cost to foster, adoptive and kinship families. Parents are encouraged to bring gently used, clean clothing that your children have outgrown as an exchange but this is not necessary.

Time: 12:30-3:00pm
La Paloma Family Services, Inc.
870 W. Miracle Mile
Tucson, AZ 85705
Northeast corner of Fairview/Miracle Mile
For more information, visit their website

Is there a comprehensive list of resources for Pima County?

Yes, click here to view it.


Does Pinal County have support for kinship & foster families?

Arizona Kinship Support Services/KARE
Seeds of Hope/Mondo Anaya Community Center
1487 N. Crane Street
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

Where can I get clothing/supplies for the child in my care in Pinal County?

Pinal Council for CASA, Inc.
P.O. Box 12569
Casa Grande, AZ 85230
Contact: Karen DeBold, President

They do prom clothing & extras, tutoring, parties at the local swim park, backpacks and school supplies, a Christmas party for the foster kids only.

Three Precious Miracles
Facebook page

The mission of Three Precious Miracles and its mission is to help displaced children in the Gila River Indian Community by providing necessities such as diapers, clothing and beds to their caretakers.

Yavapai (Prescott)

How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Prescott?

Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation
P.O. Box 12457
Prescott, AZ 86304
Contact: Jennifer Whittemore, Board President, 928-533-2254 (cell) /
Alternative: Eileen Bond, Board Vice-President, 928-632-7798 /

Provides awards of goods and services, through their application form available online at their website. Their form specifically asks if the applicant has fist applied to AFFCF. C4K supplies clothing gift cards for each foster child in Yavapai County; the amounts for 2014 were $45 for children ages 0-5, $55 for children ages 6-10, and $65 for children 11C4K also provides each DCS office in our target area with gift cards (10 cards at $50.00 each replaced as needed) under the title “emergency clothing cards” to be available for case managers/foster placements to use when a child comes into care with only with the clothes on their backs. These cards are available at the DCS office without the need to put a specific grant request into C4K and distribution of the cards is tracked so that C4K knows how they were used.

Yavapai (Verde Valley)

How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Verde Valley?

Verde Valley CASA Children's Foundation/CASA Children's Center, Inc.
P.O. Box 2523
Cottonwood, AZ 86326
Contact: Elisa Richards, 928-639-2611; 928-300-8978 (cell)
Karin Krippene -

Provides bedding, gift cards and mattresses.

Is there a comprehensive list of resources for Verde Valley?

Yes, click here to view it.


How do I find a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Yuma County?

Yuma Council for CASA
P.O. Box 903
Yuma, AZ 85366-0903
Contact: Brooke Adams, President, 928.345.2598 (H), 928.246.3034 (C)/


Local resources sorted by Arizona County (Child care, Clothing, CASAs)